AWRA-WA Winter Mixer
Wednesday, January 25
Guest Speaker Dr. Faisal Hossain, University of Washington CEE Dept.
"Smart Use of Satellite Remote Sensing for Water Management and Food Security in Developing Nations"
Students (All Majors) and Professionals Welcome!
This is a free event! Food and drinks provided.
To RSVP, Click Here
Sign-in, Social: 5:45 pm
Guest Speaker Presentation: 6:30 - 7:30 pm
Location: Great Room, UW Waterfront Activities Center (WAC), 3710 Montlake Blvd NE, Seattle WA 98195
About the speaker: Faisal Hossain, Associate Professor, Hydrology and Hydrodynamics: PhD, University of Connecticut, 2004
MS, National University of Singapore, 1999
BS, Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi, 1996
Faisal Hossain received his Ph.D. from The University of Connecticut in 2004, his M.S (1999) and B.S (1996) from The National University of Singapore and Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi, respectively. His research interests comprise hydrologic remote sensing, sustainable water resources engineering, transboundary water resources management and engineering education. He is the recipient of awards such as NASA New Investigator Award (2008), American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE) Outstanding Research Award (2009), US Fulbright Faculty Award (2012), G.O.L.D. (Graduate Of the Last Decade) award from University of Connecticut (2012), American Geophysical Union (AGU) Charles Falkenberg Award (2012), American Meteorological Society Editor's Award (2015) and ASCE Walter Huber Award (2015).
Driving Directions From I-5/SR 520:
1. Take the Montlake Blvd. exit and head North.
2. Go across the Montlake Bridge, staying right.
3. Once across Bridge, turn right at first stoplight.
4. Pass gated E-12 lot on right, proceed to E-19 hourly lot.
5. WAC is only building in back, behind Husky Stadium.
From Seattle Children's/University Village
1. Head South on Montlake Blvd, toward SR 520.
2. Turn left at stoplight just before Montlake Bridge.
3. Pass gated E-12 lot on right, continue to E-19 hourly lot.
4. WAC is only building in back, behind Husky Stadium.
For more information, please contact the AWRA UW Student Chapter at email@example.com